Saturday, February 28, 2009

Roland Juno-2044?




I have been giving a lot of thought on what to do to my Juno-106. It has 2 dead filter chips, and I would rather fix it myself then buy a clone filter chip. In doing some research I came across a post from via electro-music.
mooger5 was working on not a clone of a Juno Filter Chip but a whole new design. His designs were based on the famous LoPass filter on a chip, the SSM2044. Unfortunately the thread just died and after a sending a PM to mooger5 he pointed me to a thred over at Vintage Synth Explorer. After mooger fried a chip its been on the back burner.

I think his idea is a very cool. I have never owned a Juno-106 before so I am not relay attached to the sound of it, and the SSM2044's are easy to get off eBay at the moment. There are a lot of dead 106's out there at the moment, I think this would make a cool project to give them all new life.

I just pulled my filter chips and its all wired to a bread board. Just waiting for the chips to arrive. ; )

No comments: